mHealth Kenya is a limited liability company that brings together a team of experts with a diversity of knowledge and experience, and a deep understanding of ICT for Health. mHealth Kenya’s purpose is to bridge communication gaps among remote healthcare facilities, community workers, and central government headquarters to improve care and treatment. mHealth Kenya endeavors to explore numerous applications of mobile health (mHealth) technology, such as increasing direct patient care, rapid lab results communication, worker training, and drug supply-level management. Over the last several years, mHealth Kenya has risen to be at the forefront of facilitating improved public health through use of mobile technologies.
The Kenyan Ministry of Health and CDC Kenya have identified a number of priority areas to help bridge the gap within the Kenyan Health systems. This mHealth Kenya program, which focuses on the utilization of mobile solutions within the public health sector to improve access and enhance efficiencies within selected HIV/AIDS health care services has been implemented from 2009 to 2015. Since 2015, mHealth Kenya has been rolling out the projects in various counties with the support of the Ministry of Health and CDC. There is an urgent need to conduct evaluations for the projects to assess how these mHealth solutions have impacted the respective program areas in an effort to inform future program decision making related to resource allocation and strategic planning. There is also a need to develop protocols for new projects as well as abstracts, manuscripts and scientific articles to be published in international journals. This has therefore presented an opportunity for an experienced person for the following roles:
Business Systems Analyst
This position is a dedicated resource for the identification, analysis, communication and documentation of user requirements. The analyst should possess excellent analytical and data gathering skills. He/She will work closely with the project stakeholders, the quality assurance specialist and software engineers to ensure requirements are clearly documented and updated as the project matures. He/She will be responsible to ensure all systems developed are adequately documented and training materials are available to the users both in hard copy and digital versions.
The Business Systems Analyst will work closely with the Technical Director and Chief Operations Officer/Programs Officer to execute his/her duties
- Perform gap analysis between current and future state requirements
- Perform analysis, producing documentation as needed.
- Assess scope and determine impacts of scope
- Elicit requirements and develop user stories and business requirements.
- Engaging users and the technology team in order to prioritize system feature requests
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the project
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; and training users
- Act as a key point of contact between end users and technology team.
- Provide insight regarding usability and user experience to guide the development and impact of the products for our customers.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrated experience with requirements gathering, specification development, and conceptualization of solutions.
- Understands story boarding, use cases, data modelling,
- Must have excellent skills and experience in oral and written communication including analysis, preparation and report presentation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborating and sharing ideas
- A willingness to meet new challenges with enthusiasm
- Ability to meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Experience with electronic health records software is an added advantage
- Experience interacting and working with government officials, preferably within ministries of health and related agencies is an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field
- At least two (2) years of professional experience as a business system analyst with responsibilities that include supporting standards based enterprise wide systems, software development, quality assurance, requirements gathering, and gap analysis.
All application letters and detailed CVs, copies of certificates, telephone contacts together with names of three referees should reach us no later than 6th Dec 2017 to Email: email@example.com
mHealth Kenya Ltd.
Rosami Court, 3rd Floor, No.6
Muringa Road, Kilimani
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED