JOB PROFILE – PROJECT OFFICER
About the Organization
mHealth Kenya is a limited liability company in Kenya that brings together a team of experts with a diversity of knowledge and experience, and a deep understanding of ICT for Health. mHealth Kenya’s purpose is to bridge communication gaps among remote healthcare facilities, community workers, and central government headquarters to improve care and treatment. mHealth Kenya endeavors to explore numerous applications of mobile health (mHealth) technology, such as increasing direct patient care, rapid lab results communication, worker training, and drug supply-level management. Over the last several years, mHealth Kenya has risen to be at the forefront of facilitating improved public health through use of mobile technologies.
mHealth Kenya in collaboration with the National Ministry of Health and CDC Kenya have identified a number of priority areas to help bridge the gap within the Kenyan Ministry of Health systems. The “Phones for Health” program, which focused on the utilization of mobile solutions within the public health sector to improve access and enhance efficiencies within selected HIV/AIDS health care services was implemented from 2009 to 2015. mHealth Kenya is now enhancing the innovations developed and working with the Ministry of Health to implement them at the various levels.
The position is responsible for coordination of project activities in close liaison with the implementing partners and Ministry of Health units responsible for the various projects. The holder of the role will be expected to be very conversant with MOH units responsible for coordination and implementation of
mHealth Kenya activities as per program activities. He/She will be required to have a good understanding of MOH processes and procedures, will be required to represent mHealth Kenya at any and all internal meetings within the MOH units.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
• Work closely with MOH units to develop detailed work plans for project activities
• Coordinate and participate in monitoring and evaluation activities for projects with the MOH units
• Represent mHealth Kenya in all meetings at MOH units
• Promote project objectives at MOH units and implementing partner sites
• Organise, coordinate and conduct training and workshops for the mHealth projects
• Organise and coordinate site visits for MOH teams
• Work closely with mHealth Kenya project manager and M&E staff to develop regular reports on the progress of project activities
Higher diploma or degree in health or any related field. Master’s degree in these field is an added advantage
• At least 5 years of experience in related program/project coordination at a national level
• At least 3 years of experience in working closely with the Ministry of Health to support implementation of project activities
• At least 3 years of experience in providing technical guidance and support for project activities at a national level
Important Skills and Characteristics:
• Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
• Ability to drive multiple projects
• Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
• Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
• Ability to create appropriate and impactful presentations based on audience needs
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Advanced computer skills are required, to include: experience and expertise in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, and graphical presentations (MS Powerpoint).
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: May require up to 20% of travel to facilitate data collection and management as well as stakeholder engagement efforts. May also require secondment to Ministry of Health departments to coordinate project activities
All application letters and detailed CVs, copies of certificates, telephone contacts together with names of three referees should reach us no later than 19 August 2016 to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosami Court, 3rd Floor, No.6
P O Box 9610-00100
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED