T4L is an intervention employed to enhance Kenya National Blood Transfusion Service (KNBTS) blood donor communication and digitize the blood donor records. It is projected to increase the number of blood units collected by recruiting new donors using mobile phone and web based platform. Once recruited, the potential donors are directed to blood donation sites close to them for the actual blood donation by use of SMS messages. They receive messages alerting them when the results are ready and where to collect the results.
Scale-up and improve system functionality to counties and facility levels by creating public awareness for extended use.
– Increased blood donation through new recruitment’s and repeat clients.
– Extension of KNBTS services to more sites and satellites.
– Notification of donors on their health status and linkage to care.
– Enhance Communication with current blood and potential donors
– Providing information on close blood donation sites through SMS messages
|1||Expand the system to additional mobile networks available to all PEPFAR counties for blood donor recruitment.||Mobile aggregator currently moving short codes to enable all networks to participate.|
|2||Create an informative messaging process to follow-up on patients referred to care and treatment.||Not started. To engage KNBTS to develop the messaging.|
|3||Continue to support the technology, communications and training to regional and county blood transfusion sites.||Ongoing.|
|4||Collaborate with KNBTS to promote the integration of T4L and Blood Establishment Computer Software (BECS).||Ongoing.|
For any comments, feedback or inquiry, please fill the form below.